Monday, December 10, 2007

Farewell Carole...

Today was her last day with us...
Carole, a lovely volunteer helper, has been coming to spend time with our family since Leah was a babe in arms. Coming once a week, to give me space to "do" things, a chat,looking after the little ones so that I could go out for a walk and think, and on occasion meeting up in Sleaford to give me time for a dentist's appt!!
Homestart, a lovely charity help young families under stress...I had three at home when Carole first visited.
If you know of a mum with a houseful of preschoolers, or is finding times a struggle with a new baby.... mention Homestart.
Referrals can be made by Health visitors but also by the family itself.You can qualify as long as you have at least one child under five in the house.
If you want to find out more, click on the link above or find out about your local scheme by ringing 0800 068 63 68

1 comment:

Elysa said...

What a wonderful blessing for young families. I sure do understand the crazyness of those early years. My time that I really felt like my plate was more than full was when I had a newborn, a 1 year old, a 3 year old, and a 4 year old! WOW!

I've got more kids now but in some ways its SO MUCH easier as I've got BIG kids now to help with the little ones, etc. So take heart...it does get easier....REALLY!