Ready for the off all bikes safety checked, visibility jackets ready......Cycled in to Billinghay to check off St Michael's and the Methodist chapel then back past the house to cycle in to Walcott for biscuits and juice at St Oswald's.
The children kept on the pavement in Walcott as the road is busy and we would need to cross on a corner to get onto the cut through footpath....
It's a fast road to Timberland so we chose to use the path instead... nice and quiet with only bemused cows as bystanders!
Besides you can't get this lovely view to Timberland from the main road!Timed to perfection we
visited Timberland's Methodist chapel where Tom was judging ( for the 2nd year) vegetables and cut flowers for their 2nd Annual harvest produce show!Mmmmmmmmm
We were rewarded with delicious scones and tea before heading on to our final destination.
The wind was blowing in our hair on the way out of Timberland
but the hill into Martin was too much for me and my "no gear" bike pulling the trailer!! I finally conceded defeat and handed Benjamin and Leah to Tom who then finished the hill and would have them for the return journey. I felt like I could've flown when I cycled off!!!!I've got so used to pulling them that I no longer realised how heavy the trailer is!
A straight run home other than a fairly serious puncture to the trailer
.... we had brought a pump.... but no puncture repair kit.Duh! A lovely lady came to our rescue and we were on our way again.
Home safe and sound to a waiting Uncle Mark and cousin Charlotte who we hadn't seen for 4mnths. A lazy afternoon was had by all to recover from the day's exertions!
I would like to say a BIG well done to all three boys who pedalled their way to Martin and back, but an especially tremendous pat on the back for Isaac who despite being 2wks shy of his 5th birthday pedalled all the way under his own steam without a single grumble but a continuous grin throughout the whole 8 mile cross country ride!


No comments:
Post a Comment